Temporary Work Permit in Canada
Employer Specific Work Permit
The Canadian employer needs to get a positive LMIA approval from the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to hire any foreign candidate for the specific job. The ESDC will assess and grant a positive LMIA if it is satisfied that there is no Canadian citizen or permanent resident who would be available to do the particular job.
Open Work Permit (LMIA Exempt)
Eligibility for an open work permit
- are a young worker participating in special programs
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and want to apply for Post Graduate Program
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a temporary resident permit holder
- IELTS score band of minimum 5.0
- Minimum Secondary Education
- Minimum one year of experience in any job specified in NOC list.
- Proof to show you can bear your expenses
To be eligible to study in Canada:
- You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees;
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada; and
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa
- You have a valid passport
- A letter of invitation from the person inviting you to come to Canada for your visit to Canada
- Proof that you will be staying in Canada only on a temporary basis.
- Proof of Funding. If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada.