Hong Kong Employment Visa

If you are looking forward to working in Hong Kong, then you need a Hong Kong Employment Visa. As per the immigration department, you can get an employment visa, only if you have a job offer on hand.

Hong Kong Employment Visa arrangements for persons who wish to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for employment as professionals.

Applicants who have obtained a degree or higher qualification in a full-time and locally accredited programme in Hong Kong (hereafter “non-local graduates”) may apply to stay/return and work in the HKSAR under the “Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates” (hereafter “IANG”).

Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the General Employment Policy (hereafter “GEP”). The GEP does not apply to Chinese residents of the Mainland.


The following are the eligibility conditions for Hong Kong Employment Visa:

  • Applicant must be a graduate or have sufficient technical experience.
  • Experience in the area of work is also required as per norms.
  • The company that has offered the job to the applicant should sponsor the application.
  • The company should be able to prove that the job cannot be filled by a local and that the employee would be able to contribute to the local economy.
  • The salary offered must be as per the local norms.
  • Apart from this, the applicant needs to have a valid travel document and should not have a criminal background or any security objection.

Getting the visa

For those looking for a Hong Kong Work Visa we at Visto HK offer our services. We are an experienced immigration consultant and can help and guide you to get a work visa to stay in HK for employment purposes.

For more information for Hong Kong Employment Visa like application procedures, time required and documentation needed to be submitted, please email us at info@visto.hk