Hong Kong Dependent Visa
The Hong Kong Dependent Visa is issued to dependents of those who are visiting Hong Kong for employment, education, or starting a business. A person visiting Hong Kong with a visa is allowed to bring his/her dependents provided they meet the eligibility requirements.
To get a Hong Kong Dependent Visa following are the eligibility conditions:
- The sponsor who is either working in HK, started a business, studying full time or admitted under any of the schemes such as Quality Migrant admission scheme can bring his/her dependents to HK. Dependents refer to spouse/partner and unmarried dependent child aged below 18. A permanent resident of Hong Kong can also bring a parent aged 60 or more.
- Genuine relationship needs to be proved.
- The sponsor should be able to support the dependent during the stay in Hong Kong and be able to provide accommodation.
- Applicant should have a valid travel document.
- Applicant should not have a criminal record or a security objection.
- There should no likelihood of the applicant being a burden to the HK state.
An application for admission of a dependent may be favorably considered if:
- there is reasonable proof of a genuine relationship between the applicant and the sponsor;
- there is no known record to the detriment of the applicant; and
- the sponsor is able to support the dependent’s living at a standard well above the subsistence level and provide him/her with suitable accommodation in the HKSAR.
Getting the visa
For those are looking to apply for a Hong Kong Dependent Spouse Visa we can help by offering our services with documentation and other assistance.